Monday, February 1, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane

I don't know how many times in the past 4 years I have attempted to start a blog. I've had friends who maintained some touching and humorous blogs, and I would always be inspired when I read them, yet I never followed through with posting to my own. I realize now that the reason I never followed through in my blogging attempts was that I never took time out of my busy schedule for "me." Upon turning 40 in December, I made a resolution to make some changes in my life and one is to make time for myself. I don't know what visitors expect to find in this blog - or what anyone expects to find in any blog for that matter, but it will certainly be healthy and beneficial for me to have this outlet to share my experiences, goals, thoughts and even vent if need be. As a pastor's wife, mother, singer, musician, friend, and department director at a major university, I feel like I live life in the fast lane, often burning the candle at both ends. Most of the time I cruise along just fine. At times it feels I'm accelerating -too fast, and at times I'm reducing speed. I have even crashed a few times, but I've always managed to get back on track. I'm sure this will be a wild and unpredictable ride, but I'm determined to stay on course with this blog. I hope that you will visit often. Wish me luck in this effort!

No comments: