
Who dat? Well, they did it. The New Orleans saints won their first Super Bowl - ever. No doubt this is one for the history books and I'm sure there is some major partying going on in the French Quarter tonight! They'll probably be partying for a month.
Brees threw for 288 yards and 2 touchdowns, including the game-winning strike to Jeremy Shockey (who by the way is a former teammate of Eli Manning when playing for the New York Giants), with 5:42 remaining the game, and the New Orleans Saints beat the Colts 31-17 to claim the team's first NFL championship at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL.
While I would have liked to see the Colts pull it off, my husband reminded me of something I have to agree with. As some of you know, I work at Ole Miss...I am a journalism major, and my husband is an Ole Miss alum also. He reminded me that while Eli followed in his dad's footsteps and came to Ole Miss to revive the Rebels' football program, Peyton was somewhat a traitor by going to the University of Tennessee. What could I say...he is right. Something in me felt sorry for Peyton when he threw those interceptions because I know he is a great quarterback. But apparently it wasn't meant for the Colts to win this one.
I was impressed that Drew Brees gave 'God' credit for the win, and it was touching to see him holding his baby boy on the field, watching all the streamers, confetti and balloons fall. While shedding tears of joy, Drew held his baby boy, talking to him and sharing the exciting record-breaking experience with him. It was a poignant moment. I thought to myself...after the blow of Hurricane Katrina on their city, this has to be a sweet come-back for the "who dat?" nation of New Orleans. Congratulations Saints! I tip my Rebel hat to you. You played an awesome season, played an awesome bowl game, and you deserve it!
While I would have liked to see the Colts pull it off, my husband reminded me of something I have to agree with. As some of you know, I work at Ole Miss...I am a journalism major, and my husband is an Ole Miss alum also. He reminded me that while Eli followed in his dad's footsteps and came to Ole Miss to revive the Rebels' football program, Peyton was somewhat a traitor by going to the University of Tennessee. What could I say...he is right. Something in me felt sorry for Peyton when he threw those interceptions because I know he is a great quarterback. But apparently it wasn't meant for the Colts to win this one.
I was impressed that Drew Brees gave 'God' credit for the win, and it was touching to see him holding his baby boy on the field, watching all the streamers, confetti and balloons fall. While shedding tears of joy, Drew held his baby boy, talking to him and sharing the exciting record-breaking experience with him. It was a poignant moment. I thought to myself...after the blow of Hurricane Katrina on their city, this has to be a sweet come-back for the "who dat?" nation of New Orleans. Congratulations Saints! I tip my Rebel hat to you. You played an awesome season, played an awesome bowl game, and you deserve it!
1 comment:
Good article sweetie...It was the year of the Saints...they needed and wanted it more than Indy and you could see it in the intensity of the game. Peyton is a great QB and will go down in history as probably the BEST EVER, but not tonight.
Great blog baby...I'm glad you have found a way to express your thoughts. I always said you should write a book..when ya gonna start?
Love ya....your hubby
Post a Comment